
I'm having a baby boy due on Dec. 5
th! We went yesterday to the ultrasound and it was amazing. I have to admit I could not stop smiling the entire time. The first thing we saw were his legs and when the tech started showing us the bones and feet I just couldn't believe it. I made that! And he's mine! It was crazy. I was a little frustrated though because the little baby was not being cooperative. First we tried looking at his face but he had both his hands in front of it. The tech tried to come back to it and get it at different angles but he would not move his hands! So the most we got was the corner of his forehead and part of his eye. Then he wouldn't uncross his legs so we couldn't see his "little boy parts" as the tech called them. She kept going back to it over and over again to see if he'd move them and when he never did she started having me move onto my side to see if that would make him move (but of course it didn't) and then I'd go to my back. I think we tried that 3 times. And she also tried poking him a bit and she poked where his head was to see if that would bother him enough that he'd switch positions and move his legs. Nothing was working though. That's when I really started getting nervous because my doctor has a strict policy about how ultrasounds are to check the health of the baby not what gender it is, so if you don't find out what it is they won't do it again. I think the tech knew it was our first though and so she kept trying for about 5-10
minutes and finally he uncrossed!!! And we saw the 'little boy parts'. I felt like it was a boy all along so I was relieved. It really would have thrown me off if it was a girl. After we left I couldn't stop smiling or talking about it. I think Steve was ready to
strangle me. But it just seems so much more real now. And one other bit of good news. The baby was big enough they moved up my due date to
dec 5. Which means I won't have a Christmas baby! My doctor won't let me go 20 days over. I was really worried about him being born right around Christmas-it just seems so cruel. So the picture above is the very first outfit Steve and I bought for our little boy!
4 comments:
Oh I'm so excited for you guys!! After I get the groove of school going, Brandon and I are going to have to come down and see you guys. :) Woo hoo!!
Katie, I am so THRILLED for you two! You will be the cutest, best Mom! Can't wait for him to arrive. And I love the little feet on that outfit, so cute! (Still can't believe you didn't tell me until you were 5 months along haha.)
Yeah, I'm so excited for you guys! Little boys are precious and so full of life! You guys are the perfect parents for little boys! Oh, and I love, love, love, the new look of your blog! Can't wait to see you guys (and your cute poochy belly) whenever that is! Love ya!
I want to see some pictures of your cute baby belly!
Post a Comment