Monday, September 28, 2009

Scary Few Day

So I've had some random scary things happen the last couple days I wanted to share. First-Friday night Steve and I were hot so we kicked the comforter off the bed onto the floor. Well the next morning I was making the bed and I was just smoothing out the comforter when I saw a black widow crawling on it. (And yes it was a black widow-red spot on the tummy and all). I got a shoe and killed it (which fyi they have a lot of guts). But I was totally freaked out. I can handle normal spiders but not poisnous ones crawling on my bed. So We went through the whole room and closet and shook out all the linens and clothes-just to make sure and now we're fuming out house tomorrow.

Next was this morning. I fell down the stairs. And I know my mom is going to freak when she reads this because she keeps warning me that I need to be careful going down my stairs, especially when I have the baby and am carrying him down them. But the reason I fell down was because I was running down them wearing high heels and one of the heels is about to break so it's kind of wobbly. So don't worry mom I promise when I have the baby I won't run down the stairs wearing wobbly high heels while I'm carrying him. But anyway-it was kind of cool because my adrenaline kicked in and so my thoughts started going 100 mph. I started falling forward and I immediately thought "Oh my gosh this isn't good. I'm pregnant-I'm going to hurt the baby-I can't land on my stomach!" (that was in like .25 seconds I thought all that). So I grabbed the railing and swung myself around (which totally pulled by neck muscles-I could barely turn my head after that) and I landed on my knees/shins and bounced/slid backwards all the way down the stairs on them. So I didn't land on my stomach or head but I got some wicked bruises and carpet burns all over my feet/shins/knees. I'm still in a lot of pain. But the baby is fine!

4 comments:

brody_joce said...

KATIE this post makes me so sad! BE CAREFUL! no more wobbely hills and stairs ok! Good to hear the baby is ok. And I know how you feel about the spiders, we found a nasty hobo spider like 2 months ago in our room, and I still shake everything out casue I'm just that weird!

Lyndsi said...

Katie...running down stairs + high heels is never a good idea! Pregnant or not :) Glad you're okay! And I'm sorry about those darn spiders...aren't they the worst? Love you!

Woodstock Family said...

Whew! A couple of creepy and terrifying things! So glad you're okay though! Hope that baby doesn't come before Thanksgiving, I want to see that cute round belly everyone is talking about!

Wastlund Family said...

I second Krista's comment! I hope you can make it for Halloween, and I am glad you are still alive and well.