Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Overwhelmed!

I've heard a lot of women get really emotional during their pregnancy but I don't feel like I have been that emotional during mine. But I have to admit right now I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out. Today I had work off for Veterans day and I was so excited to get things done. I was going to go to my doctors appointment, then shopping, then completely organize my baby room, do all the laundry (including the baby clothes and blankets), pack my hospital bag, install the baby's car seat, do the dishes and tidy up the house. Well I went to the doctors and went shopping. Started one load of laundry and got about half way done with the baby room when I ran out of energy and my muscles started aching. I'm just starting to get so overwhelmed. I have so much still to get ready for the baby and I feel like my house is always messy and it really needs a thorough scrub down. But I just don't have enough energy and it's starting to get so uncomfortable to move around a lot. Between working full time and my calling and trying to be a good wife I just feel like I'm never going to get everything done. And It doesn't help that I compare myself to my superwomen sisters who both are amazing house keepers and mothers and I just know I can never measure up to them.

*Sigh* Ok-now that that's off my chest I think I'll be ok. Don't worry-you don't need to call or come rushing over- I just needed to have a nice cry and probably a nap and I'll be back to my usual, optimistic self. I can do this!

5 comments:

Woodstock Family said...

Oh Katie, you can do this! you're an amazing woman! And trust me, I never felt ready to start having kids, and like you, I looked to Amber and thought, "I'm never going to be able to do what she does!" Katie, you're going to rock motherhood! I'm so excited to see you and Steve as parents. It's such a fun, life changing experience; you'll never be the same. You know what, just take it slow and enjoy the moments you're in! I love ya, and look up to you in so many ways you may not know about! Can't wait to see you guys for Thanksgiving. Oh......and totally think you should put your tree up and enjoy it!

brody_joce said...

Girl, I get feeling like that sometimes and I'm only 15 weeks! Don't let life stress you out too much, and just know all those other women out there that look like they are keeping it running so smooth are probably having a good cry right no, or will be sometime in the next week! ;)
p.s. Sorry I couldn't make it to your shower, dumb work, Brandon and I are trying to find some time to travel down that way so hopefully we can come see you!
Hang in there girl!

Jarom and Jennifer said...

You are a cute pregnant lady Katie. :-) you should post more pictures. We are excited for you two and your upcoming adventures of having a little one joining your family. Remember, take LOTS of pictures, for those of us that are far away and don't get to see y'all. :-)
Have a Happy day!
Jennifer

Wastlund Family said...

KATIE!!!! You silly hormonal pregnant lady. You are amazing and I wish I were more like you! Kimball even tells me she wishes I could be fun like Katie. And I wasn't even able to keep my house clean until my 4th year of marriage, and now the more kids I get, I am going in reverse. There is a time and season for everything. I love it that you me and Krista are so different, it makes our family fit together better. Pretty, fun and creative Katie. Loving, clean and crafty Krista. Crazy, Organized, logical Amber. You are going to be a wonderful, fun, loving, doting mother and your kids will adore you! Sounds like you need your mom and sisters to come do a house makeover just so you can feel prepared. I wish I lived closer. You are a pregnant, busy, working woman, no wonder you get worn out! I love you, and wouldn't want any part of you to change!!!

That said...
I love your cute pregnant picture! :)

Lyndsi said...

I'm getting so excited for you!!! Let me know and good luck! I love you! :)