Friday, March 19, 2010

*Warning* If you are eating or get grossed out by stories about baby poop do not continue reading...

Since I work at Utah Community Credit Union on Saturdays and Steve has the day off, we switch roles and I try to get as much sleep as possible while Steve is in charge of getting up with Spencer and taking care of him during the night and when he wakes up Saturday morning. So this morning around 6:15 we hear Spencer playing in his crib but let him be until he starts whining. So about 15 mins later he starts crying like he wants us to get him so Steve gets up to go get him. This is where the story begins-and I will tell it from my point of view...

Steve goes in and after a little bit I start hearing comments like "ewww poopy", "Spencer!!! Sicky sicky sicky" "gross so poopy" etc etc. And after a while Steve's yells to me that Spencer had a really bad messy diaper and that poop is everywhere. Well Spencer usually has a bad poopy diaper so I didn't think much of it. I responded "That's great". Well Steve's ranting and raving went on for a long time and I begin thinking, "geez I know it's a bad diaper and he doesn't do this very often, but how long does it take to change a diaper?" Then I hear the bathtub running. I was impressed that Steve was giving him a bath but also thought "is that really necessary?" So after a while I hear Steve put Spencer in his bouncer and he comes in the room holding Spencer's PJ's-which last night he wore more of a night gown type outfit. It was completely covered with poop. I guess Spencer pooped in his diaper and then took it off and was playing with it. There was poop covering Spencer from head to toe. It was also all over his bedding, his crib and little on the wall.

Ok I guess Steve wasn't exaggerating after all. :)

No comments: