Monday, November 7, 2011

Happenings


We noticed that a lot of our silverware was disappearing from the house. We thought we were imagining things until my mom saw Spencer put a spoon in the vent we have in the wall. Steve opened it up and we found half our silverware and a couple magnets and puzzle pieces. I had heard him hitting silverware on this but I thought he was just running it across the ridges because it made a cool sound. I know better now. And it gave us a chance to vacuum it out and clean off the grate (thanks to my mom).




Spent a Saturday in St. George with my sister Amber and her kids. We all went and fed the ducks at the duck pond. It was more Scary than fun because Spencer kept trying to run into the water. (See above picture) He also got a fever while we were there and it turned into croup. Little kids are so sad when they are sick. We also gave croup to my nieces. (Sorry about that.)

Spencer has been in a "big boy bed" for a couple months now and he's still doing great. This is a cute picture of him cuddling with his teddy bear.


Unfortunately he also doesn't like his diapers anymore. He will take them off when he's alone in his room and then fall back asleep. We've had to wash his bedding several times. Fortunately this day I found him before he wet the bed.



One of our favorite family activities is making cookies. Spencer loves licking the mixer whisks. He doesn't get that when he licks the spoon it's the same thing. My mom made banana bread the other day and he wouldn't touch the spoon she gave him to lick. So she got the electric mixer whisk out of the drawer and dipped in the batter and he went to town on that. Silly guy.




All in all we are currently healthy and happy. Steve only has one month left in the semester. One year of school down. 3ish to go. (That's him in the background doing homework...or checking his fantasy football...whatever) :)

4 comments:

brody_joce said...

Love love these pics. I laughed pretty loud about the silverware... haha. Hope things cont to go great for you guys!

Jess said...

I like the "or checking his fantasy football...whatever"!! Just like Phil... :) That is really funny about the silverware! Little kids are sad when they are sick... I am glad he is feeling better!

Dan said...

That cracked me up about the silverware too

Jessica&Cameron said...

That's funny he takes his diaper off!! - not for you! Love the update