"Of course, I knew it was your shadow the minute I saw it. And I said to myself, “I’ll put it away for him until he comes back. He’s sure to come back”. And you did, didn’t you? After all, one can’t leave his shadow lying about… and not miss it sooner or later, don’t you agree?"
-Wendy from Peter pan
Spencer discovered shadows last night. I was putting him to bed and standing in the hall waiting for him to give Steve a kiss in the living room. The light from Spencer's room made my shadow on the living room wall. Spencer walked by and then suddenly stopped in his tracks and whirled around to look at the wall. He got all excited and yelled "Mommy!" pointing to my shadow. "Yep that's mommy shadow. Look there's Spencer's shadow." And I moved him in position so his shadow would show up on the wall. He was fascinated. He was waving and moving his head from side to side and trying to touch it and follow it. It was so cute. So this morning when he woke up and discovered his shadow was still on the wall he was very excited.
2 comments:
Ha! How fun!
Spencer is such a handsome boy! Discovering one's shadow is an exciting thing. :-) That's cool how he found it by himself, rather than someone pointing it out to him. We are sad we missed seeing you guys at Christmas, hopefully we'll see you guys sometime soon.
Post a Comment