4/9/13
Spencer
likes to pretend like he’s a daddy lately. He does a very good impression of
us. Today he wanted me to pretend to be asleep. I closed my eyes and he sang me
a lullaby in a deep “daddy” voice. Then when I woke up he came up and said in
his daddy voice, “Hi honey! You wake up? Did you sleep good?” (which is exactly
what I say when he wakes up). Then he said “Ok come sit on the couch and you
can watch one show-but that’s it! Just one
show. You sit here and I’m going to go do the laundry.”
4/25/13:
I was making him oatmeal and Spencer was getting upset
because he thought I was going to make it too hot. I said, "I promise I
won't make it too hot. I'm your mother, don't you trust me?" Spencer:
"But Rapunzel's mother said trust me and then she was mean to
Rapunzel..."
6/7/13
There is a
girl we go to church with that babysits Spencer when Steve and I go on dates
etc. Her name is Emily Arnold and he loves her! She babysat last night while
Steve and I went to the movies. He was in bed before we got home. I went to bed
and a little after 1am I woke up to Spencer standing next to my bed. This is
the conversation that followed:
Spencer:
“Where’s Emily?”
Me: “She had
to go home Bud.”
S: “But I
miss her.”
M: “I know
but we’ll see her again.”
S: “She has beautiful
hair. And it’s very long.”
M: “Oh…”
S: “I know!
Maybe I’ll play a song and she’ll hear it and she’ll come back!”
M: “I don’t
think so Bud, she’s asleep now.”
S: (Very
disappointed expression) “Ohhhh ok.”
I told him
to go to the bathroom and then get back in bed. He was in the bathroom and I
hear him calling me. So I went over and while he was sitting there he said.
S: “Mom, are
you sure Emily is at her home and asleep? Maybe we can drive and pick her up and
she can come back.”
M: “No, I’m
sorry she has to stay at her house. But maybe we can see her again later.”
S: “Ok….”
6-12-13:
Spencer went
to the bathroom. I told him to make sure he flushed the toilet.
Spencer:
“Awww. But mom I flushed the toilet yesterday…”
6-13-13:
I asked
Spencer to go pick up all the toys in his room and make his bed.
Spencer:
“Why?”
Me: “Because
your room’s dirty.”
Spencer:
“Awww. Not again.”
6-13-13: I
debated putting this in because it’s potty humor but it’s kind of cute and might
embarrass him later in life. So here it is:
Spencer
thinks that there is an individual store for everything. So if we have chicken
he’ll say “Mom did you get this at the chicken store?” Or when I bought him
some goggles for swimming he said, “Oh wow. Did you get these at the goggle
store?” There’s a cookie store, a cup store, a marker store, a stroller store,
etc.
Today Spencer
had gas --- all day. I finally asked why he kept tooting.
Spencer:
Cause I went to the poop store and bought poop.”
6-14-13:
Spencer was
being weird and I told him so. He said, “No, you’re weird.”
Me: “No you
are.”
Spencer: “No
you.”
Me: “you”
Spencer
:”you”
Etc etc.
Me: “You
times infinite”
Spencer: “No
you’re Woody and Buzz infinite”
8-27-13:
Spencer has
been scared of the dark and being in rooms by himself for the last couple
months (I blame the movie ParaNorman and the Haunted House we accidentally took
him through at Universal Studios)
He needed to
go into the office today and didn’t want to go by himself. I told him to turn
on the light and he would be fine but he was still scared. So I told him to
sing a church song. He took a deep breath and went in there singing, not a
church song, but a song he was making up as he went along, “Sing a song about
Jesus and I’ll feel better…” and then he ran back crying and said it didn’t
work, that the monsters heard the song and it didn’t make them happy. I told
him to sing again, because when he sings songs about church or Jesus then all
bad things go away and he’d feel brave. He said ok and I heard him go in the
other room singing again. “Jesus please help me not be scared. I won’t be
scared. I’m singing a Jesus song. Help me not be scared. Etc etc.” Then he ran
back and said “Mom it worked! I sang my song and I felt Jesus in my Heart!”
Yeah, my
heart pretty much melted when I heard that.
3 comments:
Love these!!!
Aw, that last one is so cute!
This is delayed, haven't seen your blog for a long time.... but we love love love when you post converstaions with Spencer. It's fun to read how he see's the world.
Post a Comment