April 4, 2014
It had been a very long day, so after dinner I laid down on the couch
to rest. Spencer kept trying to get me to play pretend with him, but I told him
I was too tired and to play with Rod. He said he didn’t want to play with Rod
so I told him to go play by himself.
Spencer: “No I’m not going to play by myself! Stop being like that girl
from Frozen, that sister when she’s in bed and doesn’t want to play. I’m like
Anna and I want to play. Stop being like Elsa!”.
October 2013
What is something mom always say to you?
-Put your pants & underwear on
What makes mom happy?
-I do!
What makes mom sad?
-When I mess up my room with toys and teddy bears and
dinosaurs and crackers and lots of crackers.
How does your mom make you laugh?
-When you drop toys and everything
What was your mom like as a child?
-You were afraid at Daddy’s game.
How old is your mom?
-One
How tall is your mom?
-You’re as tall as you
What is her favorite thing to watch on TV?
-Cartoons
What does your mom do when you’re not around?
-You call me at work cause I’m busy at work
What is your mom really good at?
-Vacuuming
What is your mom not really good at?
-drawing pictures of hearts
What does your mom do for her job?
-Type on the computer
What is your mom’s favorite food?
-Oranges and Lettuce and ice cream
If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
-A squirrel with a tail
What do you and your mom do together?
-Wash my car
How are you and your mom the same?
-We both like milk and juice and cookies.
How are you and your mom different?
-Watch different cartoons.
How do you know your mom loves you?
-Because she hugs and kisses you lots and lots
What does your mom like about your dad
-Playing with him
Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
-To girls nights.
6/29/14:
Spencer and I were playing Power Rangers. He was pretending he was a
bad guy and I was the Yellow Ranger. He had this evil lava that if he put a
power ranger in it they would turn evil. So he tricked me and threw me into the
lava. When I was “evil” we starting doing evil things together. We beat up the
other rangers and their cute little dog. And then Spencer said, “Heeheehee
(evil laugh) now let’s drink lots of juice and no water. Because too much juice
is bad for your body! Heeheehee”
Wow Spencer you are really evil.
8/10/14: Spencer is really in to Super heroes lately. He knows most of
the major super heroes and their counterpart names (ie. Spiderman is Peter
Parker. Hulk is Bruce Banner etc.) He was pretending to be Superman/Clark Kent.
We told him that Kal El was superman’s name that his real parents named him,
and Clark Kent was the name his earth parents named him. He came up to me later
and in his deep pretend voice said, “Hello, I am Superman. But my real name is
Cowbell.”
8/12/14: A few months ago Steve was talking to Spencer about baptism.
He quoted the scripture that says a man must be born of the water and the
spirit, and told Spencer that when we’re baptized it’s like we’re born again,
etc etc. Well in Spencer’s little 4-yr-old mind he thought that meant would
literally be ‘born’ again when we are baptized (we’d be a little baby and grow
up a second time). Steve and I both have tried to explain to him many times
that it’s a metaphor, and he says he understands and but then he says stuff like
this:
-We were visiting Grandma Oliver and eating Sunday dinner when Spencer
turns to me and says, “Mom when I’m baptized and born again will you name me
Clark?” (Grandma Oliver and I could not stop laughing)
-I was getting Rod ready for bed and putting on a sweat shirt on him that
used to be Spencer’s when he was little. Spencer, “Mom whose shirt is this?”
Me, “It used to be yours but now it’s too small so we’re going to let
Roddy wear it now.”
Spencer held the shirt up to him to see how it would look and I said, “Spencer
that’s way too small for you.”
Spencer, “I know. I just wanted to see if I can wear this shirt when
I’m baptized and little again. “
8/22/14: Spencer was in the Kitchen eating and I was down the hall
using the bathroom in my bedroom. While I was in there I sneezed. About 30
seconds later I see a little hand poke through the bottom of the door with a
Kleenex.
Spencer, “Here mom, here’s a tissue.”
2 comments:
I love these posts! You are such a cute mom!
:) love these
Post a Comment