Sunday, December 14, 2014

Spencer Turns 5!

 Spencer finally had his birthday. He was really sad on Rod's birthday that it wasn't his yet and that he had to wait another month and a half before it would be. But after weeks and weeks and him asking if it was almost his birthday yet, it finally was! He got a birthday card from his Grandpa Woodstock and a letter from Jessica the day before. He was so excited he went to bed early so it would be his birthday sooner. The next morning he got into bed with me when he woke up. I told him happy birthday and he gave me a big hug and said, "And thanks for being my mom, and making me, so I could have a birthday."   I seriously love this kid so much. He is stubborn and dramatic, but also the sweetest and most considerate person you will ever meet. The night before his birthday I was saying my prayers and starting crying as I was thanking my Heavenly Father for the privilege of being his mother.


Amber & Garrett went up to Salt Lake for a couple days with their older kids and I volunteered to watch the younger ones. So we had Spencer's birthday at her house with Taylor,Hinckley and Grandpa Woodstock (who was a HUGE help, couldn't have pulled it off without him).
We went to the store and he got to pick his own flavor of cake and frosting (chocolate, chocolate), what he wanted for dinner that night (strawberry pancakes), a drink to go with dinner (pumpkin eggnog) and a pinata (Spiderman). He also used his birthday money to buy an Electro toy.


 At first Grandpa was afraid the older kids would break the pinata too fast so he made everyone close their eyes. But we soon realized none of them were strong enough to break it. So they each got to keep their eyes open and have about 5 turns each before I finally had to break it for them (which I'm not going to lie-was actually really really fun)
 Rod would say, "Hi-yah" during his turns.




Grandpa thought it would be funny to leave the broken Spiderman hanging there to freak out the neighbors. 


 Can you tell this kid loves superheros? He knew every single one of the action figure's names. Including Director Fury.
 The biggest hit of the night was a Spiderman with sticky feet that would crawl down the wall. The kids would all gather around and watch and laugh and scream every time it moved.
 Grandpa even gave it a go and Spencer struck this cute pose while they watched it together.

 Breakfast the next morning. Best present of all was Spencer spending time with his cousins/best friends.

1 comment:

Wastlund Family said...

Great Pictures! My girls were in good hands:)