Our first Day home
My dad came up the day Jeffrey was born and took Spencer and Rod back down to St. George with him to spend the week with him and Amber's family. It was so nice to have a quiet house for a few days when we got home-especially because I was so sick.(*see below) They had so much fun with the cousins. I think they were more excited about that than their new baby brother.
My dad even took them to get haircuts while they were down there.
DINO ATTACK! (his t-rex arms match his pants)
One week old
My 3 boys together at last.
This was after about a half hour of straight crying and he finally tuckered himself out. We got home from his 2 week well check at the doctors where he also got circumcised and he was not a happy camper that day. Anytime he was awake he was screaming. So there was a lot of cuddles that day.
Then a few days later Jeffrey caught his first cold. Keeping your baby
home doesn't keep the germs away when you have older brothers that bring
home the germs. Spencer had the same cold but it's a million times
scarier in a tiny newborn.
Boys wanted to cuddle with Jeffrey. Love my 3 boys!
* I felt great at the hospital but after I got home I started feeling
awful, having a bunch of flu like symptoms (aches, fatigue, chills, headache etc.)
I had several nurses at the hospital tell me, because it was my 3rd baby, it
would probably take me longer and would be a harder recovery. So I
thought it was me just not recovering well. Then my 3rd night home I had
a 104 degree fever on top of everything else. I called the after hours
nurse at my doctor and she told me I should go the ER in case it was a
serious infection of some sort. I felt kind of dumb going to the ER for a fever. Every time a nurse or anyone asked me why I came in I would hurry and spout out, "I have a fever and I just had a baby a few days ago so the after hours nurse at my doctor said I needed to come in in case it was a serious infection of some sort." We were there for 4 hours (didn't get home until 2am) and they finally figured out it was a really bad bladder infection. Apparently it's common after giving birth but I didn't have the typical symptoms, so I didn't recognize there was something wrong and it took the doctor several tests to figure it out. They gave me an IV of antibiotics and a prescription to get more the next day. Within hours I felt a million times better. I wish I had realized something was wrong earlier instead of being miserable for 3 days. But we were blessed in many ways too. Again, we were so grateful that Robin lived with us so Steve could come with me and we could leave the baby home. Even the ER doctor was relieved we didn't have to bring the baby into that germ infested place. And that day, before I got the fever, I suddenly decided to try out my breast pump. There was really no need, but I had a feeling I should. So when we were gone for 4 hours Robin was able to feed Jeffrey by bottle. Tender Mercy for sure.
















1 comment:
I'm so glad everything worked out!! Love tender mercies
Post a Comment