Sunday, May 7, 2017

Recent Happenings

With Steve's new job at Modere he has work trips he has to go on every few months. He's been to Florida, Texas and California so far. His next one will be in Salt Lake so luckily not too far from home and he'll get to come back every night. I miss him but the boys think it's fun because I let them take turns sleeping in bed with me at night :)
Steve had something he had to do in Salt Lake so he suggested we all go up together and spend the evening up there. We had dinner on Temple Square and did some sight seeing. The weather was perfect and the boys had fun. I love this age.



Grandma's birthday. All the local hooligans came over for dinner.

Maranea had a new baby girl, Ruby, and invited me to her baby blessing. I took the 2 older boys and drove up to Logan early Sunday morning. It was nice catching up a little.
Spencer is doing an after school club once a week, 'Creative Cupcakes'. Every time he won't eat he cupcakes at the club because he wants to come home and take a picture first.
Jeffrey's hair was getting ridiculously long so I decided to cut it myself. It was pretty bad. Luckily Steve fixed it the next day. Yet, another thing I love about Steve, he's able to give our boys good looking hair cuts that save us a lot of $$ and me a lot of time.
On March 9 I got a phone call that you never want to get. Amber was in tears telling me she was on her way to the hospital. Hinckley had been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. I hung up and burst into tears and totally freaked out Spencer and Roderick. We said a prayer for her and then after I calmed down I quickly explained to the boys that she was going to be just fine, just life was going to be different for her now. I did my best to explain what diabetes was. I thought I did an Ok job and then Roderick said, "But Mom who put diabetes in Hinckley's blood?" Oh well, one day he'll understand. Hinckley, Amber and the whole Wastlund clan are being Rock stars about it though. Last time I went to visit, Hinckley said she wanted me to test her blood and give her her insulin shot. I was trying to do the poker on her finger and was shaking like crazy and couldn't get it lined up. Finally Hinckley gave a big sigh and said, "Just let me do it." And then my awesome 4 year old niece pricked her finger and tested her blood. Yeah, Rockstar.

No comments: