Sunday, October 22, 2017

Cancun Sept 5-10, 2017

Steve had a work trip for Modere in Cancun. Modere said I could come as well, if I paid for my ticket and helped a little with the event. We were staying at an all-inclusive resort and I had never left the country before so we said yes. Steve had also never left the country before so we were excited for this new adventure.
 
View from our room.
Volleyball Tournament. We were a team short so Steve played on the "Executives Team". They got 2nd place.
This is what Steve did the majority of the time. He's not actually a camera guy, but that's what the company brought him along to do. He took pictures and video and then edited them all together for a video montage to show at the final dinner.
It was actually a lot of work and long hours, but we still found time to relax, eat good food, and laugh our guts out at a show where they called up one of Steve's bosses to help/embarrass himself.






We got to release some rescued baby sea turtles into the ocean. So adorable!

Checked off one of my bucket-list items. Eat Sushi. I loved it!

Steve had his birthday while he was there. His co-workers had talked to the resort and asked if they could order a birthday cake that said, "Happy Birthday Steve" on it so we could sing and wish him happy birthday. They were imagining a big cake that all of us could share. This is what they sent. We all got a good laugh out of that.
 Steve spent all day Saturday in the hotel room editing the video but needed a little more footage so, the loving wife I am, took the camera and went all over the resort taking pictures and videos of the Modere guests for him.


These were a lot of the people Steve works with for events like this. They were so nice and fun to hang out with. Left to Right: JQ (Justin Quinn), JQ's mom Sandy, DeeDee, Michelle.
Not quite the relaxing get-a-way one usually goes to Cancun for but all-in-all it was a great experience.
 The boys stayed with the Wastlund's while we were gone. I can always relax knowing Amber and Garrett will take amazing care of them. During the day, while Amber and Garrett were working, Grandpa and Grandma Woodstock took the boys out on adventures. Steve's co-workers kept asking me if the kids missed us. I always said, nope! They are having so much fun they won't want to come home. I was right. :)








No comments: