Sunday, December 2, 2018

Andrea's Baby Blessing

I was planning on making Andrea's baby blessing dress out of my wedding dress but just wasn't feeling up to the end of my pregnancy. I had been searching online but couldn't find any I liked that weren't a ton of money. I was going to just settle on one that was 'good enough' when I remembered several years back my dad gave me my mom's baby dress that she wore when she was blessed! I found it in a box in the closet and was so excited and touched by the idea. So here is cutie pie Andrea blessed in the same dress as her Grandma Woodstock. 


A wonderful lady in our ward, Renee Matice,  knows how to write in short hand. So she took notes during the blessing and typed it up for us after. So special.


Father’s Baby Blessing


Baby’s Name:             Andrea Oliver
Date:                           December 2, 2018
Ward:                          Canyon Pointe Ward                         
Stake:                          Canyon Ridge Stake, Utah
Given by:                    Stephen Oliver (Father)
Assisted by:                Chase Peterson (Uncle)
                                    Mark Mitchell (Bishopric)
                                    Mark Colton – (Bishop)
                                                                                   
Our Father in Heaven:

By the authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood, we take this infant into our arms to give her a name and blessing.  The name she has been given is Andrea Oliver.

Andrea, your Heavenly Father loves you very much and you are a choice daughter.  He wants to bless you greatly for your righteousness and your willingness to come to the earth at this time. 

Andrea, I bless you with strength, with health, with knowledge, and with the Spirit of your Heavenly Father.  That you will always ask, study the scriptures, say your prayers, and attend church.  That you will be guided and directed by your Heavenly Father of the things you should do.  I bless you with strength that you will withstand temptations.  That you will be sweet and kind and loving, not only to your family, but others and that you may be a light in this world. 

I bless you that you will be able to enter the temple and to make your covenants.  And that you will be able to have joy and happiness in this life and hereafter. 

Andrea, I bless you with all these things and any other blessings your Heavenly Father has for you.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

-->

No comments: