Wednesday, June 30, 2021

June 2021

Took the boys to the skate park and it ended like this. It was probably my fault. Rod wanted to take his bike off a jump that I knew he wouldn’t be able to land. He kept asking and I kept saying no. As we were about to pack and go he asked again I finally just let him do it, against my better judgment. And as I predicted he crashed and he let out horrible scream. I knew immediately he was hurt bad. I ran over expecting a broken bone but he was grabbing his upper thigh area. I thought, “Oh maybe his just pulled his groin muscle or something. I saw his shorts were wet though so I had him lift up his shorts and me: gah!!” Rod when he saw it, “Ahhhh!” There was a huge, deep and disgusting cut on his upper though. We think when he crashed he landed right on the brake on the handles and it tore open his thigh. It was blended a ton luckily but it was deep and wide enough I could see the fat. I quickly packed up the kids, put an ice pack on him, why? I’m not sure but seemed like he might help something or other. I called Steve who left work and met me at the Spanish Fork instacare so I wouldn’t have to take the other kids in. Even the Doctor when he saw the cut was like “Wow, oh, uhh, yeah, wow.” I’m telling you it was bad. He ended up needed 15 stitches. 4 on the inner layer and 11 on the outside. It is a really nasty scar too. But we’re hoping it will be funny story in years to come. 
Because of Rod’s new stitches we had to take him out of swim lessons and do them later in the summer. Jeffrey did them however and had a blast on the last day with free swimming. 

Date night with Rod and Me. Love my mommy, me dates with the boys. 
Took the kids on a nature walk. Got some silly pictures of each. The one of Jeffrey was actually taken by Spencer. 


Another nature walk; this one with the Hales kids. 

 

No comments: