Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ouch!


My softball game was a lot better this last week. I played catcher and did a decent job with that. I also went up to bat twice and hit the ball both times and made it to base. Both times though we were already at 2 outs and the girl after me struck out-I didn't contribute any points but I wasn't the worse player on the team!
So you're probably wondering about the bruise. Well it was the last inning and a girl was going up to bat (we switch guy-girl-guy-girl for batting and use different bats. So for most of the game I had been going to grab the bat after someone had left it to run for the base so the next person up to bat wouldn't have to waste their time taking it back to the dugout) So like I was saying a girl was going up to bat and I was walking behind her to get the guys bat. She didn't see me walking behind her so when she reached the bat she leaned down and in one swift movement chucked the bat behind her towards the dug out. Unfortuneatly I was right in it's path. It hit my shin so hard and made such a loud noise that everyone in the stands gasped at once. It would have been really funny if I hadn't been in so much pain. I walked it off and told everyone I was fine. We finished the game (and I luckily didn't have to bat again-I don't think I could have run) When we were walking back to the car though, and I was safely out of ear shot I started bawling.
Well I haven't been good about icing it or keeping it elevated so the blood has settled in my heel area. Nothing feels broken so I haven't been to the doctor yet...hopefully it heals soon.

1 comment:

brody_joce said...

Oh your leg makes me so sad! I showed it to my husband and with out me even saying what happened he's like she got hit by a bat. Crazy right. Well maybe if we end up in Price for sure we will just visit you cause price is a dang boring town!