Tuesday, March 2, 2010

On his own

Spencer has been growing so fast that he's getting too big for his basinet. So last night we had him sleep in his crib for the first time. I was a little nervous that I wouldn't hear him when he woke up but our monitors work great and last night went really smoothly (knock on wood it will happen again)And it was actually nice becuase he usually starts squirming for 5 to 30 minutes before he actually wakes up or sometimes he would just start squirming because of something he was dreaming about and after a few mintues would go back to sleep. Whenever he would do that it would take me up and I usually couldn't go completely back to sleep till he woke up or stopped squirming. But with him in the other room it wasn't really loud enough over the monitor to wake me up. So I got to sleep soundly until he started crying and was truly ready to be awake and eat.

Also I wanted to tell you some of the funny pet names Steve has for Spencer. He has tons but these are the only ones I can remember right now:

Poopy Teddy Bear
Drooly Monster
Graby Gorilla
Chubby Chubster
My big boy

Steve is so cute with Spencer. And Spencer loves playing and cuddling with his dad.


3 comments:

Woodstock Family said...

Isn't that the best? Seeing your hubby with both of your's child! It just shows the soft side of guys, and trust me, it gets so much better as they teach their boys all about life! Can't wait to see you guys, and yes, we're going to Daniel's play, we'll try to stick around long enough to see you guys that night!

Wastlund Family said...

Amen to the crib! I never sleep well until they are in another room.

And my favorite is drooly monster :) CUTE!!

Oliver Family said...

My least favorite is poopy teddy bear! Steve's a weirdy. Although Coincidently I'm holding Spencer right now and right as I finished typing that he pooped :)