On my mom's birthday I went and brought her some new flowers (fall ones this time). This time of year was hard for me. I can't believe a year has passed already. I felt very fortunate to live in the same town she's buried in. Whenever I get really down or stressed I go and visit her grave. I know she's not really there and that her soul is with me always, but I still get a very peaceful feeling whenever I go to visit.
I decided every year on her birthday I'm going to tell one or two random memories about my mom, just to keep her memory alive.
Memory: She used to love playing the "Yoshi" game (Super Mario World) on our Super Nintendo. It was the only game she liked to play. And she was hilarious to watch. She would scream her iconic scream whenever she was in trouble and throw the control left or right or up or down depending on what direction she wanted the characters to go. It didn't help, since all you have to do is push buttons; we would tell her that all the time and she would just say, "I know- Shut up!!" and then scream some more.
On the anniversary of her death My dad, Amber, Daniel, Taylor, Hinckley, Spencer and Rod (asleep in the van) went to go visit mom again. We reminisced and talked about how grateful we are to have the knowledge that this life is not the end. The Gospel of the Lord truly is sweet. We all went out to eat afterwards and it just reinforced even more how grateful I am for an awesome family (my side and Steve's side). We are truly blessed!
(Mom and Jamen)
(Mom in Jerusalem)


No comments:
Post a Comment