4-15-15:
We were eating a dinner that Spencer thought was good and he said,
“Mom, I like when you make food that’s good, because we all eat and it’s like
we’re a happy family.”
4/18/15:
While watching Star Wars Spencer said, “Is Jabba the Hut the big, fat
caterpillar?”
5/19/15:
Spencer informed me I needed to have one
more baby girl and be done because "big families just take way too long to
get out the door every day."
Later I asked him if he would like having a
baby brother instead (he really wants a baby sister). He said, “Well, if I had
a baby brother instead I would probably hold him, and play with him but I would
NOT feed him a bottle. I would only feed my baby sister.”
5/30/15: Spencer asked me the other day if God and Mary (Jesus' Mother
Mary) were married. When I said no he asked, “Then why did they have Jesus? I
thought Heavenly Father said you shouldn’t have children unless you’re
married.”
I was also talking to his Sunday
school teacher and she told me that in church Spencer asked her why Jesus has 2
dads and if it was because his parents got divorced.
This kid is 5!?!
8/20/15:Spencer is resigned to the fact that we’ll probably have a boy.
Because “Girls are just so hard to get.”
8/2015:When Spencer accidentally stuck himself with the Epi-pen he was understandably
scared and upset. While I was cleaning him up and trying to figure out what to
do he was crying and said (very dramatically), “I wish this was all a dream,
and that I would just wake up and it would be time for breakfast.”
9/10/15: I was asking Spencer how school was and he told me they had P.E. for the first time today. I asked him if he liked it, and he said it was ok but the teacher was mad and hurt his feelings. When I tried to get further details he started crying and couldn't talk about it. Later at dinner I asked him about it again and he said the same thing. I asked why she was mad and what he had done.
He said, "I didn't do anything. I was listening but there was another boy that wouldn't stop throwing the ball so she got mad at him."
I asked, "If she wasn't mad at you why did it hurt your feelings?"
Spencer," Mom, remember how I'm sensitive?"
9/26/15:
Spencer and Rod fight-a lot! I was talking to Spencer about this a few
days ago, asking him to try and be nicer and more patient with Rod. I told him
Rod should be his best friend. His friends from school and around the
neighborhood come and go but Rod will be his brother forever. I mentioned it
again today when they were having a squabble and Spencer said, “Mom I think
we’ll just have to friends when we’re older. Right now he is too little, he
doesn’t understand anything! When I talk to him and play with him he doesn’t
know. But when we’re grownups or teenagers or we’re both the same height, then
he’ll understand and we can be friends then. Ok?”
2 comments:
Spencer has always said the funniest things. I love him.
Spencer is very insightful! Good lick answering all his questions as he gets older.
Post a Comment