10-26-15
We went to his 3-yr-old wellness check and the doctor said
he needed to get one immunization done to get caught up. I turned to Rod and
said, “You need to get one shot, ok?”
Rod got a very determined look on his face and said, “Ok
Mom, I won’t cry.”
I told him it was ok if he cried but he still looked
determined. The Nurse came in and gave him the shot and he didn’t cry. Then the
nurse left the room while we put his shoes and jacket back on. When we went to leave the doctor and nurse were out in the hall and Rod walked right over and
said (with absolutely no prompting from me), “Thank you nurse for giving me a
shot.” The doctor, nurse and I all
looked at each other in surprise and then started laughing. I put my hands up
and said, “I don’t know where he gets it.”
11/8/15
Rod’s new thing that he’s done since he was potty trained is
to point out that he is a big boy now by showing you he is wearing underwear
and doesn’t wear a diaper. For example, he’ll say sometimes in the morning when
Spencer is leaving for school that he wants to go to school too. I’ll tell him
he’s still too little to which he’ll reply, “No, I’m a big boy now. See!” And
then he’ll lift up his shirt and show me his underwear. He’ll do this to anyone
he wants to prove to that he’s a big boy. So now I’ve had to stop saying he’s
“too little” and instead say things like, “You’re 3 and you can’t go to
kindergarten until your 5.”
1/17/16
When the older boys came to visit Jeffrey and me in the
hospital we showed Rod the baby and told him this was Jeffrey.
“No it’s not. Jeffrey is in St. George at Taylor’s house.”
Me, “Then who is this?”
Rod, “It’s just a baby.”
Continued 1/22/16:
Spencer and Rod went to St. George for 5 days after the baby
was born. When they walked back in the door Rod saw me holding Jeffrey and
said, “Mom, why you still have that baby?”
1/22/16:
Rod was taking a turn holding the baby. He was using my
U-shaped nursing pillow so he could hold him unassisted. He was doing pretty
well. He didn’t want to touch him but he did try singing to him. Someone
knocked at the door, I walked over and answered it and invited the person in
and then Rod yells, “Mom get this thing off of me!!” The guest got a very good laugh out of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment