2016 Oliver Family Newsletter
Steve:
Steve started a new job in September. He is a Creative Manager (Graphic Design Manager) at a company called Modere, located in Springville. We moved to Spanish Fork (Which is right next to Springville) in July so he was very happy to have such a short commute. We moved to Spanish Fork because we bought a house there! We are loving the area and being home owners again (and be in a house instead of an apartment/townhouse). Steve gets to take care of our lawn, park in his own garage and watch movies as loud as he wants. He is serving as an instructor in the Elder’s Quorum at church. He teaches once a month and the rest of the Sundays he helps take care of the baby so mom can help in the children’s nursery as one of the coordinators.
Katie:
It’s been a fun and busy year for me this year. Although according to Spencer it’s not that exciting. We were having dinner and started talking about what our dream day would be, if we could do anything we wanted all day. Spencer and Rod told us theirs and then Spencer started guessing what the rest of our dream days would be. He was pretty close with Steve (that he would sleep in and watch movies) and then when he got to me he said, “Probably just do laundry all day.”
I had a baby in January and I discovered going from 2 to 3 kids was a very hard transition. But, now that he’s sleeping through the night and I’m not constantly sleep deprived, we’re getting into a good schedule. In April I went back to work at the Credit Union I used to work for before we moved to Cedar City. I’m just working Saturdays though. It’s nice to take a break and act like an adult again while the kids get to spend time with their dad. I spent part of my year trying to finish a bucket list for my 20’s (I’m turning 30 in February) I still have 5 things on my list, but I already have 2 scheduled (One is a trip by the myself, which I am so looking forward to) and the rest will be great date nights (Karaoke, paintballing and taking a dance class). so I’m hopeful I’ll still get them done.
Spencer (7 years old):
Spencer started first grade this year and is loving it so far. I can’t believe the leaps and bounds he has made in school. He is a full on reader and can read just about anything now. He got a headlamp flashlight and I found out that after I was finished tucking him in bed he would put it on and get under his covers to read. (I secretly love that he does this.) He did baseball (Steve was one of his coaches), basketball, and attended robotics, engineering and Lego clubs this year. He is also still taking piano lessons from me. He loves all things S.T.E.M. and decided he wants to be an engineer when he grows up. He’s currently obsessed with Pokémon, Legos, Superheroes and comic books. He’s still so kind-hearted and sensitive and such a great help and friend to me.
Roderick (4 years old):
Roderick is as spunky as ever. It still surprises me how totally different he is from Spencer, but I love the variety, and this kid constantly makes me laugh. He started preschool this year. 5 other moms and myself do a co-op preschool and he loves going to all the different houses and having all the different teachers. He also is my food lover. He will eat just about
everything and eats a lot of it. I swear he eats more than me sometimes. He loves to be active, ride his bike and scooter. And he has become a huge superhero nerd. He has most of the action figures for DC and Avengers (and actually knows the difference between the two). We were watching a batman cartoon the other day and in the episode Batman helps a boy and brings him to stay at his house. They ask what the boy’s name is and he said ‘Tim Drake’. Rod all of the sudden yells out very excitedly, “Mom! Mom! He said his name is Tim Drake! That means he’s going to be Robin!” I didn’t even know he knew Robins’ read name. I sure didn’t.
Jeffrey (11 months old):
Jeffrey was born on Sunday, January 17th- - his due date! I went to bed the night before thinking this baby was never going to come. I woke up at 6am having contractions. Walked into the hospital at 7:35am and he was born at 8:58am. It was a very pleasant surprise. We have loved having him in our family. It took Rod a few months to warm up to him, but now both his brothers absolutely adore him. He’s 11 months now and his little personality is starting to shine. He loves to laugh, and make others laugh. He is walking along furniture, has one little tooth, loves to eat, and said his first work “dat” (aka That) He points to something he wants and says, “Dat! Dat!” He’s also working on “uh-oh” and “peek-a-boo” which actually sounds like “uh-uhooo”.
We love you, Merry Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment