On my 29th birthday my life flashed before my eyes. Ok, not really, but it did hit me that I'm getting older and I still felt like I hadn't done a lot of things I always said I would do but still hadn't (some things I knew I wouldn't want to/be able to do when I'm older). So I decided to do a countdown to my 30th birthday. I picked 13 things I wanted to get done the year leading up to my 30th birthday. I got all but one of them done. There was a scheduling conflict, but I'm still planning on getting it done in the next couple months.

Take a Dance Class:
Dragged Steve to ballroom dance class. We learned the Cha-Cha (which was way out of Steve's comfort zone) and a little bit of the Fox-trot. This is one I might make him do again. It was so fun to get dressed up, get close and have fun together.
Sing Karaoke in Public:
This was the one I was probably most scared about. I've done Karaoke in people's house before, but doing it in public was WAAAAY out of my comfort zone. This one took me almost the full year to get done because I did not want to go by myself and I was having a hard time finding friends to go with me. Luckily my awesome, and adventurous friend Brenna said she would go with me and meant it. We both invited the hubbies and made it a double date. Steve and JP were very supportive and Brenna wanted to go up too so I said I'd do a duet with her. I sang "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon and Brenna and I sang "Hands Down" by Dashboard Confessional.
This was the one I was probably most scared about. I've done Karaoke in people's house before, but doing it in public was WAAAAY out of my comfort zone. This one took me almost the full year to get done because I did not want to go by myself and I was having a hard time finding friends to go with me. Luckily my awesome, and adventurous friend Brenna said she would go with me and meant it. We both invited the hubbies and made it a double date. Steve and JP were very supportive and Brenna wanted to go up too so I said I'd do a duet with her. I sang "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon and Brenna and I sang "Hands Down" by Dashboard Confessional.
Hike Angel's Landing:
The hike was hard, but Jamen and Daniel were both awesome and very encouraging. The view at the top and feeling of accomplishment was totally worth it. Another one I want to do again.
Learn to Sew:
Steve bought me an awesome sewing machine for Christmas and I signed up for a beginning sewing class through UVU community classes. It was an awesome 6 week course where I learned how to use my machine, and we made a pillow case, pajama pants and an apron. I've done a few other projects since then. Here's Rod showing off a cute little apron I made for Ever.
Rock Climbing:
Learn How to French Braid and Read Les Miserables:
This one was hard. This one was hard to learn and to maintain. Amber's girls were awesome models, my boys...not so much.
Host a Girls Night:
I attending and put together a lot of girl nights. But the cherry on top was the Christmas one I did. I hosted a Mrs Claus night. Had a bunch of friends over and we ate junk food, wrapped presents and worked on crafts.
Go Indoor Surfing:
This one worked out perfectly. We met Jamen's family for Spring Break at an indoor water park and they had indoor surfing. Did this only 3 months after having Jeffrey, yeah I'm a rock star. :)
Posted this on Facebook the day before my birthday on my way to meet Amber in Pine Valley for the weekend:
"Peace out 20's! Tomorrow I'm turning 30 and I'm finishing off my bucket
list. Countdown to 30 #12- go on a trip BY MYSELF- WOOT WOOT! I put 13
things on my bucket list and I got 12 done. There was a scheduling
conflict with paintballing but I'm still planning on getting it done in
the next couple months. This last year has been a blast- I'm so glad I
did the list. It pushed me to get out of my comfort zone and I've
learned 4 things. Comfort zones are overrated. Life is way too short to
worry about what other people think about you. I'm braver than I
thought. Life is fun!"





















No comments:
Post a Comment