Covid-19. Not a word I had ever heard of or thought would turn my world so upside down. I wrote a separate paper journal with more information and thoughts but this virus caused a Pandemic that shut down the world. Including mine. School to went to online which meant I was a supervising teacher during the week. I stopped babysitting, Steve started working from home and we were open through the Drive-up only at the Credit Union. No playdates, no girls nights out, we did grocery pick up and take out. It was a crazy and stressful time. Although I experienced anxiety like I never had before there were so, so many blessing. Steve and I both were fortunate to have stable jobs. We had amazing teachers and principal support through the school. Computers and technology at our fingertip. And a great support system of family and friends.
Here are some picture high lights:
Poor Jeffrey was our forgotten child through all this haha. I was so busy keeping the other boys on top of school and having to take care of Andrea who was a busy toddler that Jeffrey sometimes fell through the cracks. Luckily his loving Grandma didn't have to "socially distance" since she lives in our basement apartment. When she got home from work she read with him, played with him and most importantly loved on him.

One of the boys elective school assignments was the to watch an online drawing tutorial by Mo Willems. Jeffrey got in on some of the activities like this.
One of Rod's science assignments was to take pictures of different things in his yard and send it to the teacher.
I read this scripture one morning and it was such a profound moment for me. It became my guiding light through the next several months.
As I said before, technology at our fingertips was a game changer. Rod having an online meeting with his class. Spencer Face-timing with best friends. Online Book club.
Through the PTA I put together a social media School Spirit Week to give the kids something fun to look forward to.

Parking lot meet ups with my friends replaced or Girl's Night Out for a while.
Sewing masks before store's were offering them.

This represented most of our days at home. Crazy Hair- don't care.
I started this practice embroidery at the youth church activity in February. Finished it during our long days at home and it felt very appropriate.


















No comments:
Post a Comment