Friday, May 29, 2020

Kids say the Darndest Things

5/29/20:
Jeffrey: I wish I had super powers. That is my favorite thing to do. But I don't have any. The only super power I have is walking power. I can just walk, I don't have real super powers.

3/20/20:
Spencer and Rod have been getting in trouble for fighting lately. Tonight they were in bed (Rod has been sleeping in Spencer's room recently) and I overheard their conversation. I missed the first part of it but I gather that they were talking about how they don't like getting in trouble for fighting. Spencer was really mad at Rod today because Rod started the fight but they both got sent to their room, I'm assuming that's what started this conversation. Well Spencer apparently came up with a point system to help Rod remember to be good and not lose his temper.
Spencer, "So if you don't get revenge it's 5 points. And if you punch it's negative 5 points."
Rod, "How about 1 point negative for every punch."
Spencer, "Ok that works. And if you're good all day you get 20 points. And you get 1 point for every little kind thing you do. Like if I'm doing the dishes and you do half of them. But you can't do the kindness for me, it has to be for others."
Rod, "Ok."
Spencer, "I'll make a chart tomorrow and if you get, let's say, 100 points in a month then I'll give you a prize."
Rod, "What's the prize?"
Spencer, "It doesn't matter, just a cool prize. It won't be really big becuase, well it's not that hard what you're doing. But it won't be like a little trinket"
*They both laugh at that*
A few seconds pause...
Rod, "Is it as big as your alarm clock?
Spencer, "No, bigger."
Another pause...
Rod, "Is it as big as your mega Pokemon card?"
Spencer, "No, you're thinking too tall. It's more skinny and really long. Like really long. Anyway it doesn't matter, go to sleep now."
I told Steve and we both agree- they are definitely my children. Points, charts and self-improvement have my name written all over it. Haha. I was laughing to myself while listening but at the same time my mama heart completely melted.

3/3/20:
 Spencer: Who do you think Andrea likes more- you or dad?
Me: I think she likes us both for different reasons.
Spencer : Well it seems like her and Dad have a connection. But you she just needs to satisfy her needs.
😑 Gee thanks Spencer.

3/4/20:
Today I deep cleaned, organized and threw away a ton of stuff from Spencer's room. He got home and was super surprised and grateful but after a while he came to me and said
Spencer: Where's all my stuff?
Me: What do you mean.
Spencer: Like all the stuff that was all on the floor and bookshelf and closet, where did you put it all?
Me:......I organized it.
Spencer:.......Cool.
Me: Yep.


2/9/20:
 Jeffrey: “ouch! Dad, every time I go like this (moves his leg) it hurts my pee.” Me: “then go to the bathroom”.... he goes to the bathroom. Jeffrey: “oh! It’s just a sticker.” ... He had a sticker in his underwear.


10/6/19:
I’m dying 😆 We were talking about a piano song that Spencer is learning and Rod said, “Does it have Cods in it.”
Both of us: ...cods?
Rod: Yeah cods.
Us: ... what are cods?
Rod: You know, like my song Hot cross Buns. (And he starts doing the finger movements of playing the song on the top of the table) You know , cods.
Us:???
Rod: When you play more than one note at the same time with your hand.
Me:.......Oh chords!?
Rod:My teacher calls them cods.
Me: I think she’s actually saying chords but with her accent it might sound like cods.

No comments: