Friday, January 11, 2013

Playtime

A day or two after Spencer got his Potato Heads for his birthday he ran into the kitchen and said "Mommy come see! Come see!" I came in and he had gotten down his Potato Head basket and put them all together on his floor. He was so proud of himself. 
 After I took the picture he said "Wait. The Potato Heads need to smile." (which means he wanted them to have their picture taken). So he turned them all one by one until they were facing the camera.

 After I took the potato head's picture he said "Ganks." (thanks) and then turned them all back one by one.

We had a big storm a few days before Christmas. I told Spencer we could go build a snowman. Steve said he was going to be home by 2pm, so I got in my snow clothes and put Spencer in his so we could be ready to go right at 2pm. Well Steve didn't know we were waiting for him so didn't leave work until I called him at 2:40pm asking him where he was. In the meantime...Spencer was tired. 

 But he sprang right up when I woke him up and asked if he still wanted to build a snowman. "Yes!!!".

Yes, I realize that snowman is tiny. But it takes a long time to build a big snowman and I only had a 3-year-old to help me....but we still had fun. 

(Those are gobstoppers for his eyes, carrot nose, and Popsicle stick arms)


 After snow angels we headed inside for some hot chocolate. 


 This is what Steve and Rod did while we were outside. 


On Christmas Eve day, Amber came down with her family to go sledding. I watched Taylor and Hinckley, since they were still a little young to go with the big kids. Steve's family came and his awesome sister Jessica (whom every little kid in the world loves) took Spencer and Taylor outside to play while we watched the babies and made pie. Almost the entire apartment complex was gone home for the break so the parking lot was empty. So they went and did Snow angels in the big empty lot. 


No comments: