
Above and below are blooper pictures. I had to include the one of Spencer attempting to hang from a tree. He is trying to stay brave and but you can see the sheer terror in his eyes.
2013 Year review:
(This is a copy of the letter we sent out to family/friends)
Steve:
Steve is just finishing up his 3rd year of
school. Hopefully this time next year we’ll be writing about his graduation. He
is going into Graphic Design. This semester was stressful for him because he
had 4 studio classes and 2 regular classes. Studio class means he spends 6
hours a week in class plus at least that much time at home working on projects.
So he averages about 12 hours a week per class. It doesn’t help that he’s a
perfectionist.
He just got a new job on campus as
a student graphic designer in the Admissions Center, so hopefully he’ll be able
to get some good experience and add some things to his portfolio.
He is currently serving as a Boy
Scouts Leader for the 11-yr-old scouts. He’s paired with a 50ish year old
veteran scout (and former Bishop) and doesn’t really feel like he fits in the
assignment. But the boys really love him,
and can identify with him since they aren’t huge scouters either.
Katie:
Steve and I (but mostly me) still manage 3 student
apartment complexes. This is our second year doing it and it’s much less
stressful this time around, now that we know what we’re doing. This will
probably be our last school year doing it though. I love being able to stay
home with the boys and it’s been a huge financial blessing, to help put Steve
though school, but I am ready to be done. It’s hard to do when you have little
kids. Especially come this spring when I’ll be on the phone and giving tours nonstop.
It’s hard lugging them around to all the apartments.
I am still serving
as the Primary (children’s Sunday school) President. I don’t especially like
the organization part of it (Assigning classes and teachers) but I love working
with, and teaching the kids! They have such special, sweet spirits.
Other than work
and church I’ve been reading and cross-stitching and trying to enjoy my boys as
much as I can. It hits me all the time how fast they are growing and how much
I’ll miss this stage: when mommy is still their best friend.
Spencer: (Turns 4 on December
11th)
Spencer started pre-school in September. He loves
his teacher and has made a lot of friends. He won’t be going to Kindergarten
until September of 2015 so he didn’t necessarily need to start preschool but he
is very social and was bored being home with me all the time. He loves being
able to get out and be with other kids. Between school and me working with him
at home he’s learning a lot. He very proudly learned his phone number last
month (singing it to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star).
He is growing up so fast. I bought him 3 brand
new pairs of pants that were a little long, hoping they would last him through
next summer. About a month later he had a growth spurt and now they fit him
perfectly. If he grows another inch they’ll be too short. He also has recently
started trying to use grown up words and expressions. “It’s complicated”
“Speaking of that” “You Startled Me” “Hilarious” “Unfortunate”… He could seriously
have a whole show on TV called “Spencer Says the Darndest Things.”
Roderick: (Turned 1 on
October 25th)
Rod, Roddy, Rodder, Roddy Poddy, Naughtly Roddy, or
as Spencer says– Woddy. Our child of many names is also growing like crazy. He
has 3 ½ teeth, is walking, running, dancing, singing and eating me out of house
and home. He’s starting to say more and
more words. The thing he says most often is “Don’t touch” while he waves his
little finger back and forth. (Can you tell what we say to him most often?) The
other day he said his first sentence while I was cooking “Hot, don’t touch”. He
is my rebel child, I can tell already. When I told Spencer something was hot or
dangerous or whatever, Spencer took my word for it. Even though Rod says “don’t
touch” he usually follows it up with touching it anyway. Rod is going to be one
of those children that has to touch a hot stove before they believe that it’s
really hot. Hopefully he gets that out of his system before he’s a teenager.
Spencer
and Rod have a love-love relationship with each other. They love pestering each
other as much as they love playing with each other. It’s been so fun watching
them laugh together and watching Spencer be such a great big brother.
We are truly
blessed and grateful for all we have and especially for our friends and family.
We love you!











3 comments:
Those pictures turned out so cute! What can you expect with such a good looking family! Love you, hope this New Year is great!
You look absolutely beautiful in that first picture! Your family is growing!
love the pictures
Post a Comment