Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Christmas Eve and Day 2017

Christmas Eve was on Sunday this year and I loved it. We went to church and had an amazing musical program. Robin and I sang in a women's ensemble and all the primary children sang a couple songs. It was such a peaceful and spiritual way to start the holiday. Before church I really wasn't in the mood to force my family to take a nice picture together. Cause lets face it- I have to force them to do it. So I just had Spencer take a nice picture of me Steve and me.
And We took a silly selfie
Rod was cuddling with Grandma's Christmas bears and asked her to take a picture.
We came home from church and a delicious turkey dinner and then got in jammies and did a Christmas eve program. We talked about the symbols of Christmas and sang a bunch of songs. Then we acted out the nativity while Steve read the story. It always turns out more silly than spiritual- but it creates some great memories.
After some bribery...





Santa Came!
 I told Rod and Spencer that if they were quiet they could go down stairs when they woke up and get their stockings and eat some of their Christmas cereal (They get sugary cereal for Christmas). I said this thinking they would wake up about 7am. At about 5am I hear them excitedly down stairs. So I had adjust what I said and told them at 7am they could go down, and sent them back to bed. 

The boys all loved their presents and their facial expression were so cute with everything they opened.
My dad gave us all t-shirts for our upcoming Woodstock family reunion and a note saying he was taking us all the Sea World in San Antonio.


We relaxed, played games, put together toys and ate leftovers the rest of the day.
 It was a very Merry Christmas.

No comments: