Monday, September 28, 2015

It's a boy!

I'm pregnant! 
It was a lot harder to keep it a secret from everyone this time. We usually wait to tell family until after our first doctors appointment and wait to tell the general public until our ultrasound where we find out the gender. But I ended up telling a couple family members before our appointment because I was super sick this time around and felt pretty miserable the whole first trimester. So I needed some extra moral support. I also started showing way sooner this time so I had to tell some friends when I saw in them in person, starting a couple weeks before the ultra sound. We ended up telling the boys early too. Rod had no idea what I was talking about but Spencer was so excited! He couldn't stop smiling when I told him. This was good considering he didn't like Rod the first week of his life :) Because I was so sick everyone kept saying I was going to have a girl and Spencer really wanted a sister (I think mostly because he thinks little brothers are annoying but little sisters wouldn't be. I was a little sister though and I told him I was extremely annoying). But I kind of had a feeling it was a boy and Steve wanted another boy. We were both happy when we got the results. Plus, so far, everything shows that he's healthy and everything is growing well.  The only thing we are nervous about is the name. We picked out Spencer and Roderick's names immediately with no debate. This time around though we have no idea what we're going to name this guy. I told Steve if we don't have a name picked out by the time we go to the hospital I'm naming him whatever I want.
 
We were able to do the ultrasound the day of Steve's birthday. So we picked up Spencer from school right after, went to lunch and then the boys each got to pick our a new outfit for their little brother. Spencer originally picked out a ninja turtle one but when he saw the Tigger one he fell in love. I was trying to talk him into the Ninja Turtle one because I liked it better but he said, "Mom, Ninja Turtles aren't cute. Babies have to wear cute clothes."
 Oh sorry. :)

1 comment:

WOODSTOCK said...

Can't wait for another grandchild!